PicoRoach is a six legged walking robot kit suitable for intermediate solderers. You'll also need to have access to some tools (eg. pop-rivet gun & pliers).
NB. Battery is not included.
Hackable with PicoFlow LT Hex Loading software & PicoFlow USB Programmer.
Programming Options are Pre-program, Instant-Program, or HEX-Program.
See Additional Images to download (above)
Lesson/Unit Plan Ideas - PicoRoach
Construction & Electronics
· Soldering Basics
· Component Assembly
· Digital Switch Inputs with a Pull-up Resistor
· Servo Motor Control
· Voltage Regulators
· Hexapod Stepping Motion (Forward, Backward, Turn Left & Right)
· Digital IO (1x Input & 3x Outputs)
· Subroutine CALLs
· Digital Switch Input Debounce Routine
· Switching Logic
· Data Table Lookup for Min/Max Stepping Motion
· Constant Period with Variable Pulse Width
· Counter Loops (Auto-Generation with PicoFlow LT Software)
· State Machine Implementation in Code
NB: Standard project includes all electronics & coloured acrylic or 3D printed parts for extra durability. Project requires a 9V Battery (Not included). ALL holes are now pre-cut and drilled.
** Un-programmed PICs require the use of our PicoFlow USB Programmer to program the supplied microcontroller device.
Kit - PicoRoach
- Brand: PicoKit
- Product Code: PicoRoachV2
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: $39.00
- 20 or more $38.50